Before conducting an inspection of soil and completing this form, please refer to the document “Pest Assessment Guide
” which describes the pest assessment methods that must be followed.
This form functions in two ways:
- it may be used to prepare a pest assessment report in accordance with O. Reg. 63/09
- it may also be used as part of the process of purchasing Class 12 pesticides in certain circumstances described below.
- Scenario A – Non-purchaser
- This form may be used by a professional pest advisor or an IPM-certified person to prepare a pest assessment report for a purchaser of Class 12 pesticides.
Once the form is completed:
- A link to the completed report will be sent to the owner/operator of the agricultural operation for review (and, if applicable, the link will also be sent to a representative of the owner/operator who has the authority to purchase Class 12 pesticides for the agricultural operation for review).
- As a second and separate stage, after reviewing the report, the owner/operator/representative could submit the report to a vendor as part of the Class 12 purchasing process.
To use the form in this manner, please select “Non-purchaser” from the initial dropdown menu.
- Scenario B - Purchaser
- This form may be used to both prepare a pest assessment report and to submit the pest assessment report to a vendor as part of the Class 12 purchasing process.
The form can be used in this way if the person who completes the form is;
To use the form in this manner, please select “Purchaser” from the initial dropdown menu.
- a professional pest advisor or an IPM-certified person and
- a person with the authority (either owner/operator or representative) to select a vendor and purchase Class 12 pesticides for the agricultural operation set out in the form.
- All other scenarios
- If the scenarios set out above do not apply (for example, you are using a custom seed treater), please complete in hardcopy the Inspection of Soil - Pest Assessment Report form.
- If you are not the owner/operator:
- If you are submitting the pest assessment report to a vendor but are not the owner/operator of the agricultural operation, you must confirm on the form that you are a representative of the owner/operator who has the authority to purchase Class 12 pesticides for the agricultural operation.
- Email notification
- If you are preparing the form, whether you are a non-purchaser or a purchaser, the owner/operator/representative of the agricultural operation and you will receive notice and a copy of the Report when the form is completed. If the second step is taken and the form is submitted to a vendor, the owner/operator/ representative as well as the vendor will receive notice and a copy of the Report.
- If you plant Class 12 (or supervise the planting), you must:
- have a copy of the completed pest assessment report available when planting
- keep the report for a period of two years following the date of planting of each application area to which the report pertains.
- Vendor’s review of report
- Once the completed pest assessment report form is submitted to a treated seed vendor by the purchaser, the vendor will review the submission. Only when a purchase order and all other information required by
O. Reg. 63/09 is received will the vendor review and submit it to the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA).
Please note that vendors can make the assumption that the information on the form is correct, however, a
vendor may choose to decline the report if they feel it is incorrect or incomplete. Since vendors are responsible for selling only the
amount of Class 12 pesticide required for use on the application areas indicated on a pest assessment report, if the vendor considers this information
inaccurate, the vendor may choose to decline the report. If declined by a vendor, a new form would have to be initiated by the purchaser or non-purchaser.
- Information required
- Information that must be submitted to the vendor prior to the purchase of the Class 12 pesticide includes:
- the completed pest assessment report
- the Class 12 pesticide to be purchased
- the application rate
- the IPM certification number of the purchaser
- a written declaration that the purchaser has considered integrated pest management principles
- One form needed for each treated seed vendor
- Please note that only one vendor can be selected on each digital pest assessment report form. If Class 12 pesticides are intended to be purchased from more than one vendor by an owner/operator/representative of the agricultural operation, a new form will need to be completed for each vendor.
- Instructions needed to complete the form will open in a new tab
- If you have any questions, please contact OMAFRA’s Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300 or via e-mail at email@example.com.